Monday, April 8, 2013

A Pygmy Puff of an Email‏ (Week 46)

Hey all!

It was a wonderful week this week - we worked hard and were blessed with the baptism of Bruno and Salomâo, two brothers that are really humble and have a desire to do what is right. I really love teaching the gospel - we were teaching Bruno and talking about the changes that he has felt in his life since we started teaching him. He talked about how he has more desire to work and do good, how he feels happier and more calm. When he was talking, I was really touched and in that moment, I was so grateful for the gospel and how it changes our lives. It is a privilege to see the change in a person as they accept and live the gospel.

We had a Zone Conference on Friday which was a benção. Presidente Fortunato talked a lot about faith and having love for the members and investigators. I know that he is a man called of God. The mission gossip is that part of the mission will go to Missâo Brasil Juiz de Fora and the Southern Part of Minas (Where I am now) will be part of the mission. We´ll see what happens but really, it doesn´t matter. I´ll still be serving the Lord no matter where I go.

Conference was wonderful! We listened to it in Portuguese of course at the chapel. All the members here were really excited that there is going to be a temple in Rio de Janeiro. Apparently the members there have been working and praying for a temple for a long time - the church is strong there. I was really touched by Pres. Monson´s talk in Priesthood - it is such a great time to be serving a mission! Soon there will be close to 100,000 missionaries in the world! And yet, the gospel will continue to be preached one person at a time, one conversion at a personal and individual level, as the Savior would want. I know that we are lead by true prophets and apostles. We got to watch the Saturday Morning, Priesthood and Sunday afternoon sessions. I sang Òh What a Beautiful Morning today in honor of Bruce D. Porter´s cousnel to be more optimistic.

The food continues to be wonderful here in Brazil. Our fridge is divided into two parts - the fridge and the freezer. The freezer was almost completely covered with ice so we unplugged the fridge and the ice is melting in our apartment. We´ll clean and organize everything when we get home. I like to clean - helps my mind feel calmer haha.

I´ll close with my sincere testimony that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Jesus Christ is our Savior and He knows us individually. I know that God lives and that He responds to every honest and faithful prayer. I love the Lord and I am happy, healthy and humble to be here serving. 

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment