Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Life is Good (Weeks 30, 31, & 32)

**We have missed a few weeks in posting Ben's letters, mainly because they have been really short!  I will post what he did write and also say we had a GREAT conversation with him on Christmas Day!  He is really doing well and seems very happy!***


17 December 2012  Week 30


Hey guys, I cant write much. I am at the bus station in belo right now getting trasnferred to tres coracoes. i dont have time to write i am sorry. i love you all and i hope you have a merry christmas. i got the 12 days of christmas thanks mom. i will write more next week. love you

Elder Jacob
 
 
24 December 2012 Week 31
 
 
Heyah fam!

Alright, this will be short again - sorry! President changed p-day to tomorrow so we can call home on christmas but I asked permission to email you guys about the details of the phone call. Will you please call this number aproximately 9:00am tomorrow morning? It will be 2 oclock pm here in Brazil and I will be waiting in the chapel by the phone. You guys will be paying the cost of the call, sorry. The number is ... That should connect us. It could also be .... (sorry - I am going off several sources of information). Feel free to do a bit of research on the internet if you want to know more about calling to Brazil. We will have 40 minutes. If it doesn´t work and I don´t hear from you, i will call to you guys and get the number to you and then have you guys call back. Don´t worry, it will all work out. I´ve got to run - I will fill you in on everything tomorrow! Merry Christmas!

And Dad, D&C 19:23 was the scripture that Patriarch McDonald gave to me before receiving my patriarchal blessing. That is a tender mercy I think - that scripture has given me great comfort. Love you all and cant wait for tomorrow!


Elder Jacob
 
31 December 2012 Week 32
 
Hey Fam!
What a blessing it was to talk to you all on Christmas. I felt bad (you know me) that I didn´t bear more of my testimony to you but it was such a wonderful present to hear your voices. I hope that you all had an amazing Christmas and are excited for the new year. I know that I am. I am getting interviewed by President Fortunato today so this will be yet another short email. Sorry.

We didn´t have a baptism yesterday like we had been working, fasting and praying for all week. But we are going to continue to work and improve our teaching and planning. Missions are interesting - one of the tricks to being a good missionary is being able to adapt at a moments notice. Transfers happen, appointments fall through and you´ve got to be ready to work and change and make the most of the time and resources you have. Yesterday, the teacher for the Gospel principles class didn´t show so Elder Fernandes asked me to teach the lesson - to pick a topic and teach the class. I didn´t have time to prepare or even pray so I just went for it. Hope it was a good lesson but I learned once again that you´ve got to be ready to adapt out here in the mission field.

I want to you all to know that I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only and sure way to happiness. I know that God lives, Jesus Christ is His Son and our Redeemer. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I know that this is the Lord´s work and I pray that all of us can contnue on the path faithfully so we can return to our Father in Heaven someday.

I will try to print off the memoir Dad, but it wont happen today. I really am sorry, but I dont have time for personal responses today ;( I will write more next week alright? I love you all so much and pray for you all everyday. I really am so sorry that I Dont have more time. Love you all so much and I WILL write more next week. Love to all,
Elder Jacob


 


No comments:

Post a Comment