Monday, October 7, 2013

Family Email‏ (Week 72)

Hey all!

Well it was yet another crazy, wonderful week on the mission.  They say that 2 years on the mission is 50 years spiritually speaking - don´t exactly know about that conversion rate but it was a spiritual adventure this week and I am so grateful for what has happened.

There we were planning about 9:20 on Tuesday night when the Assistants called and told us that Elder Almeida would be transferred.  It was really unexpected and we were honestly really sad to say good-bye.  He was a great friend and we were only together for 5 weeks.  But I honestly have a testimony that the Lord guides this work because now I am with Elder Wensel from good ol´ South Jordan UT (He went to Bingham mom!) He was the Financial Secretary for 10 months and so he has a lot of experience talking and working with President so we have a lot of great ideas and plans to help our zone get going. It is going to be good.

We had a great council with President on Wednesday that was really inspiring and awesome.  I know that President Fortunato is called of God.  You can just feel it - it isn´t that he is perfect or anything but he has the mantle of a mission president and you can see the Lord working through him.  I am so grateful to be serving with Pres. Fortunato.  He is a remarkable, remarkable man.

We had the great opportunity to baptize Mercedes and Kaique yesterday before the sessions of conference. Mercedes was a reference from a member and she was really ready to be baptized.  It was so cool to help her get to know the gospel - she is really humble, sincere and spiritual.  She said that the first time she went to the church it was like the heavens opened.  She went to a lot of different churches and never had a desire to be baptized but when we taught her and she went to church, she said that she honestly felt that she should be baptized.  She and her grandson were baptized together.  That just goes to show the power that the members have on this work - when a member referrs their friend or colleague to the missionarys, miracles happen.  I think the Lord wants to strengthen all of us so He asks that the members and the missionaries can all work together so that the work of salvation can be accomplished in ALL of our lives, not just the investigators.  I know that when the members get involved, the work really happy, the true work starts to happen.  So if you have a friend or relative that you would like to introduce to the gospel, don´t hesitate! Just go! And the Lord will help you as you do your best!

Conference was incredible.  We were able to bring investigators to all the sessions so I had the privilege to watch all the sessions.  Elder Wensel wanted to watch them in English (dah!)  So I watched them in English but that was cool too.  The point is that I watched them.  I am not worried but I am intrigued at how many of them talked about morality, repentance and the impact that society is having on the family.  I don´t know how it is over there in the States but from what I heard of the Prophets and Apostles, we´ve gotta step up the morality folks.  I loved Conference and I honestly know that Pres. Monson is a prophet of God.  He truly is. 


I love you alll! That was my week!  Here´s for another great one coming right now! Hope you all have a great week! I know that the Church is the true Church of God on the Earth!

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment