Monday, June 17, 2013

Another Beautiful Day in BH‏ (Week 56)

Hey all!

I am doing well this week. This letter will be short because we are headed off to the office and have to be quick. We had a great Zone Meeting on Wednesday that really motivated all of us.  For the first time in the history of the Church the Seminary for New Mission Presidents will be broadcast to the worldwide leadership and the missionaries this Sunday! Yeah, I am pretty stoked. It is like General Conference all over again - this time totally devoted to missionary work! Like indoor plumbing, it is gonna be big. 

I was reading Pres. Monson´s talk from the past General Conference about obedience and I was struck by the promise that he made that if we are obedient, we will have truth and knowledge and answers that we need in our life.  I thought that was really interesting - I never thought that obedience to God´s laws will bring us greater knowledge and revelation that we need.  It makes sense, I just don´t remember ever hearing that kind of promise before.  I know that it is true and I know that Pres. Monson is a prophet of God. 

How blessed we are to be Latter-Day Saints?  If the world is going wrong, we can have the calm confidence that we can go right.  We have prophets and apostles to guide us.  We have prayer and scriptures to strengthen our faith.  We have bodies and families to bring us great happiness.  We have knowledge about why this life is important and where we are headed after this life.  We have so many confidences, so many blessings that it is hard not to smile and feel grateful for the wonderful mercy of God.  I don´t know why anyone wouldn´t want to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that it is the true church.  I know that God has ways to bless our lives, if we will just be obedient to Him.  If life is hard right now, just remember that God knows you and your situation.  He will guide you and bless you if you just trust in Him.  I know this to be true beyond all doubt. 

Have a wonderful week!  

Elder Jacó

No comments:

Post a Comment