Monday, May 27, 2013

No Quake! (Week 53)





Hey all!

It was a great week here in Three Hearts in the state of General Mines. We worked hard this week and were blessed with the baptism of Sanderson, a young man of 29 years who really is an elect. He used church clothes the very first Sunday he went to church and really is very close to God and the spirit. I will always remember him and he will always be really special to me - truly a friend for life. We are excited to work with him this week.

It was a week of a lot of bus rides. I went to Belo Horizonte on Tuesday at 1 in the morning and had a really great meeting with Pres. Fortunato. It was very inspiring - he spoke a lot about being an example to the other missionaries. It was also really edifiying to talk with some of my friends that I had served with in Contagem and to hear about how they are doing and how my investigators are. I was so happy to hear that Selma and Giselle who Elder Sloan and I baptized are doing well -I was really so happy to hear that. Then later on, we got a call from the assistants saying that the ramo in São Lourenco had a man who asked to be baptized and that I was to go to that city and interview him. So on Saturday, we went there and I interviewed him and it was amazing. He really is very strong and will be a great asset to the church. The bus ride there was so cool - the South of Minas is really beautiful. So green with a ton of hills and fields of corn, coffee and wheat. They even had some hills that almost looked like mountains - so that was fun to think about Utah and remember how beautiful the Earth really is.

I know that the Church is true. I am so grateful for the many times during the day that we get to teach the 1st lesson about the Restoration. Everytime that I teach it, I feel the Spirit testify that this is the truth. I know it. I am so grateful for the fact that God called prophets in our days and that we have the truth of the gospel in our lives. No one can talk enough about how important the gospel is. I know that the Spirit of God really touches the hearts of men and I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father who loves us! I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment