Monday, March 25, 2013

Heyah! Anyone for Guacamole? (Week 44)



Well hi!

It was a week of work and blessings. I am honestly very happy today and I am very grateful to be here serving a mission.

Paulo and Rosana were confirmed yesterday. They are a very very special family and I am very grateful that the members are helping them so much to be welcome in the branch. They have a little daughter called Susana who is the happiest, most talkative and playful 4 year old ever. I am so grateful that they are all accepting the gospel.

I am attaching a picture of some avocados a member gave us. They are quite a bit bigger than the avocados in the States.

We are working with a girl called Karol. We taught her a few weeks ago but didn't have a chance to return until yesterday. When we taught her yesterday, she told us about a dream that she had after she prayed a lot about the Book of Mormon. She saw herself being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and said that she felt so much peace after she prayed that she knew that she needed to be baptized. I am so grateful for the blessings of the Lord - this really is His work and we are privileged to take part. He does most of the work I think so I have no reason to complain or get discouraged.

We were talking with a rapaz (young man) yesterday who was calling us crazy for being members of the Church. `You guys can´t do anything! How are you guys happy being here away from your family and everything in your life?` he said. Honestly, I told him that even though it is very hard to be away from family and friends, I am honestly very happy because I know that I am doing what the Lord wants. I was very grateful that in that moment, I could honestly tell him that I know the gospel brings happiness and peace (John 14:26-27).

Well I am happy, healthy and very grateful to be here. I have a lot of work to do still - man, I need to improve a ton, but I am grateful for this mountain I get to climb. Just like the hill above Timpview - just keep running and giving your all and the view at the top will be the best thing ever. I know that God lives and that Christ is our Savior. I know that we can truly be happy if we follow him!

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment