Monday, April 14, 2014

Minha Semana‏ (Week 99)

Oi tudo bem?

It was a wonderful wonderful week.  My my my....my poor little brain sometimes gets tired as I try to handle all the wonderful and different emotions that are mine these days but! It will be alright! I am very happy and very excited! Here´s the rundown from my week.

General Conference was awesome for two reasons.  1) It was General Conference and 2) we had lots of investigators come to watch! It was really inspiring.  I loved all the talks and got sad that this would be the last time that I would be able to watch the prophets and apostles speak and hear them in Portuguese.  The talks were captivating and soul-inspiring.  I, like Grandpa Jacob, felt that the Second Coming is getting really close and I am very comforted to know that we have Prophets and apostles to guide us and lead us today.  

We did some great divisions with some zone leaders and other missionaries this week.  I like doing divisons a lot.  They are always really exciting and I feel really good at the end of a division.  The Lord has blessed us a lot on our divisions and I feel the Spirit a lot when I do one.

One of the highlights this week was that we received 5 new missionaries from the U.S. that had been waiting for their visas for a long time.  You should have seen how excited they were to be here.  They all spoke very good Portuguese and it was a breeze to give them a training because they had already been serving for a good time.  

We are going to have a baptism tomorrow! The stake president and his family is helping us reactivate a family and they have a cousin who lives with them that accepted to be baptized and he passed the interview this morning. We are very very excited and I can´t wait for tomorrow. 

Well, that is it for me.  I love life, I love being a missionary, and I know that the Savior lives.  Yesterday, as I walked some dusty roads in Santa Luzia, Minas Gerais, I was struck by the thought that being a missionary is the one time in my life that I will have a life that most closely resembles the mortal ministry of the Savior. Walking, teaching, serving, walking, testifies, being rejected, walking, teaching...that is what He did when He was here.  And for me, it is a choice privilege to be able to live a life that resembles in small way, His.

I love you all!

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment