Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vamos Irmaos Contar means Let´s Sing Brothers‏ (Week 9)

Oi familia!

I'm writing this in an internet cafe in Novo Riacho in Contagem, Minas Gerais! I made it to the field safe and sound and I couldn't be happier.  My trainer is Elder Sloan from Salt Lake City and he´s awesome. He was a great sport with all my heavy bags and stuff. Its been a crazy day but I'm happy.

Pres. Fortunato is wonderful. He's extremely nice and really spiritual. Yesterday we had an amazingly good lunch at their home and met his daughter and had a testimony meeting. Sister Fortunato is amazing also, she's so sweet and both are wonderful, wonderful people. I had a really great interview with Pres. Fortunato and felt the Spirit really really strongly. Mom, he told me like five times to tell you thank you for your sacrifice as a mother for my mission. He wants you and dad both to know that he will look after me and he is very grateful for your support and sacrifice. He really wanted you to know that. He said, Por Favor, diga sua mai que eu amo seu filho. He is great and I'm happy.

The CTM was wonderful and it was a bit hard to say good bye to Elder Reese. He will be a fantastic missionary. But I'm so excited to be here in the field. Belo Horizonte is a lot like San Francisco - tons of hills! Its a lot more charming than Sao Paulo and I feel very excited.

I'm so glad to hear that Zach's farewell went well. He will be a great missionary. Tell him best of luck for me and I hope he, the family and Allie are doing well. I'm going to make this short because I've got to write an email to Pres. Fortunato and Elder Sloan still has to write, but please know that I think of you always and pray for you everyday. I pray especially that you will be protected and given peace that I am doing the right thing serving this mission. I had a very spiritual experience this morning when I read John 15 verse 16. It spoke perfectly of how I feel about this mission.

I love you guys and I'm sorry I didn't go personal. I'm so glad Batman was awesome Sam! Get working on homework! I love you! Annie and Ellie you are the most beautiful girls in the world and I love you! Mom and Dad, thank you for your support. I love you!

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment