Wednesday, July 4, 2012

May the Heaven rescued land praise the Power that hath made and preserved us, a nation (Week 6)

Happy Fourth of July!!!
 
 
It's a beautiful day down here in Sao Paulo and I'm having a great 4th of July! Hope you are too! I hope you are all wearing patriotic things (especially socks - if you have patriotic socks, you should wear them! :) ) Let me tell you a little about my Independence Day down here in Brazil. The temple was amazing this morning as always. The greatest surprise came when we all went to lunch - the Brazilians had decked out the cafeteria with Red, White and Blue everything! It was awesome! We had hamburgers (rare!) and french fries and popcorn (I Love Popcorn.) and best of all ice cream! I've been craving ice cream since I've been down here and so that was a very very welcome surprise! And another tender mercy? Tonight we get real fireworks! Not because of the 4th but because the final match for all of South American Club Soccer is tonight at a stadium 20 minutes from the CTM. Oh yeah. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. There'll be fireworks, gunshots, people in the streets. Maybe we'll throw some pass along cards at em. :) I'm so proud to be an America. I love America and I'm so grateful for our Founding Fathers. America is a heaven blessed land and I hope you all have an amazing day! Even though I'm in Brazil, I'm still celebrating the 4th!


Just so you know, the winters down here are amazing. It's been a balmy 70 degrees the past week and the most blue sky you can imagine. It's been great to be able to get out of the class room and study the scriptures outside in the Brazilian sunshine. I'm happy :)
 
 
Shout out to all my friend who are serving missions or who are going to be serving soon! There are so many to count so I won't name you all, but good luck and godspeed!
 
 
I'll be selfish for a minute and tell you about my typical day. I wake up at 6:30, I'm studying by 7:00. At 8:00, we have breakfast and at 8:30 we go to a computer LAB where we study Portuguese and get to listen to lds.org music. I love it! It's a great part of the day. After that we head to gym. I've been shooting hoops pretty much everyday. I'm still pretty awful but I really love playing and it's super fun and relaxing to just get a game going with the other elders. After gym, we shower and are back in the class by 11:00 where we study till 12:45. Lunch is from 12:45 to 1:30 and then we have class until 5:00. We teach, practice grammar, study and watch videos of good teaching. It's fun. After dinner (and mail time!) we have class again (same thing, different teacher) till 930. Then we get a small snack (I've never eaten it, it's not worth it.) and then we prepare for bed. Scriptures, Journal and lights out by 10:30. Great days and I'm really liking the MTC!
 
 
I'm also catching the fire more and more everyday. I really am getting excited for the time when I can go and preach to real people, not just other missionaries. I know this gospel is true and good and it will bless anyone's life who honestly applies it. :)
 
 
Thank you to all the letters and support!
 
 
Spiritual thought for the day is for anyone who likes to do puzzles!
 
 
"Those who diligently seek to learn of Christ eventually will come to know Him. They will personally receive a divine portrait of the Master, although it most often comes in the form of a puzzle - one piece at a time. Each individual piece may not be recognizable by itself; it may not be clear how it relates to the whole. Each piece helps us see the big picture a little more clearly. Eventually after enough pieces have been put together, we recognize the grand beauty of it all. Then, looking back on our experiences, we see that the Savior had indeed come to be with us - not all at once, but quietly, gently, and almost unnoticed." - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
 
 
 I know this is true. I also really love his message this month about always being in the middle of our lives and experiences. This mission comes day by day, I grow a little stronger, a little wiser and a little closer to my Savior. I know that He is helping me - I couldn't do this without Him. I know that He Loves us all. :) Have a fantastic week all and I wish you the very best!
 
 
Love, Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment