Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Groundhog Day! (Week 89)



Hellloooo my family!

Well hello! It was another week of blessings and hard work.
On Monday we drove 4 hours to Pirapora, a city where the missionaries arrived just six months ago.  Things are going well there.  We did two divisions there with the missionaries and found some new investigators.  It was very fun, but a very hot city.  I liked it.

Then we went to another city called Montes Claros where there are 3 branches.  We had a Zone Conference there which was really great.  Afterwards, we divided with the Zone Leaders and I spent the afternoon with Elder de Almeida from Alagoas.  He is really a funny crazy guy and we had good success because we found a less-active who told us that he was really wanting to go to church.  He is 19 years old so we are hoping to activate him fully and then send him on a mission.

After Montes Claros, we had a Zone Conference in Pampulha, my home sweet home!  It was wonderful to see so many missionaries that I love - Elder Stadler, Elder Droguett, Elder Meadows, and many others.  We had a wonderful conference with President Fortunato.  I got the word today that yesterday they had a combined baptismal service with Florença, Veneza and Metropolitano with 80 people in attendance, 30 investigators and a total of 6 baptisms.  I was so happy for them.  They are doing a great work there.
Yesterday we had a meeting with all the District Leaders of the mission.  I gave a training on how to do a baptismal interview and Elder Lima gave a training about how to have a District meeting.  The best part was President Fortunato giving a training about what it means to be a District Leader.  They have great responsibility.  It was great.
And after the meeting I said to myself - it already is Friday?  The week just flew by and now it is Saturday.  Things are going well and I am so grateful for the chance to be a missionary.  I know that Christ lives and that this is His Church.  I know it. 

Love,

Elder Jacob 

No comments:

Post a Comment