Monday, September 23, 2013

My Week‏ (Week 70)

 It was a great week this week.  We are learning a lot together. Here´s the lowdown.
 
Our zone isn´t doing so hot.  We are really in need of an upbeat, a break in the tradition of few baptisms.  We had a really inspiring Zone Meeting on Wednesday with the Assistants and afterwards they had a divisâo with us in our area.  It really was awesome to feel the spirit they bring and to learn how to improve the work.  It doesn´t matter how much time you have on the mission - you always have to learn and improve! I needed to hear and work with them to learn how I need to improve and things are looking a lot better now.  We have 6 people in our ward with a baptismal date for this Sunday.  We, along with the ward council and the ward missionaries, are working hard ot help them progress.  That is the lowdown with our work here in Florença. 

 
Elder G. Almeida is a great friend and I enjoy being with him.  I am helping him learn English because he has the goal to study at BYU.  It is still the best school out there, even if they lost again to the Utes.... 

 
I am honestly very grateful to be a misisonary in this time of my life.  There are so many misisonaries in the world and I am so grateful for the gospel that brings happiness and peace to our lives and to this world.  I know the Savior knows and loves us.  I know that even if everything looks bleak and you feel like your efforts are in vain and nothing is getting better, we just have to hold on to our faith and keep pushing forward.  Things will get better.  Things will improve and we will overcome, with the grace of Christ, all things.

I love you all! Keep the faith!

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment