Monday, July 1, 2013

Eu sei que vive meu Senhor‏ (Week 58)





Hey all!

I decided to break the mold this week and make a list of things I wanted to say.  I am losing a lot of my English speaking ability (it is a good and a bad thing)  so it is a bit easier to write a list of tidbits and stories that I wanted to share.  It might be more of a list of things that I am grateful for but here goes.

1. I am grateful for the beautiful sky that reminds me of God´s infinite power and love.
2. I am grateful for pão de queijo and avocado shakes.  They are delicious. 
3. I am grateful for my companion, Elder Fransisco.  He is from Santa Catarina and will be returning home in just three weeks.  But we are working hard and he has a ton of great experience with missionary work.  I am learning a lot.
4. I am grateful for Elder Tad. R Callister´s talk `The Power of the Priesthood in the Boy.` 
5. I am grateful for walking all day on these dusty roads of Florença.  I can´t really describe it, but you have a different spirit when you are on a mission - it is a working happiness.  It is hard, hot and tiring but despite all that, you feel within you a peace and a motivation to keep working and walking.  It is very cool. 
6. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible. I know that they are true.  John 15:1-16 was really inspiring to me this morning and being a missionary gives really great perspective to what Christ teaches in that scripture. 
7. I am grateful for the gospel.  It is so simple - faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end! Anyone can and everyone should follow this path!
8. I am grateful for Brazil.  It really is a great country, with wonderful people and great potential.  
9.  I am grateful for my family.  :)
10.  I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ.  I have so much still to learn and improve, but honestly, I am so grateful for how much I have learned about my Savior thus far on the mission.
11. I am grateful that life never ends! I am grateful for the great hope that the Plan of Salvation gives to us! As Bro. Wardrop always says ´It never ends.  The Gospel never ends.` It is true.  There will always be more to do, more to grow, more people to meet and serve and more we can change to be more like our Heavenly Father.  There will always be another day tomorrow! How cool is that?

In short, I am very grateful to be here serving as a missionary.  Sincerely, I am grateful. I know that God lives and He loves us all. He restored the Church of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith.  We are so blessed in our lives. 

Have a wonderful week yáll! Have a great 4th of July! God bless America! 

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment