Monday, September 10, 2012

Howdy Do! (Week 16)

Hey all!  How are you doing?

Thank you for the great email! I am so happy to hear that you all are
doing well. I am doing very well here in Riacho. The 1st transfer is
over and I have really learned a lot.  Thankfully, I am still with
Elder Sloan and working here in Riacho.  It is a great blessing to be
learning with him and we are striving to bring more people to church
and to baptism.  Antonio continues to struggle with smoking but we
have faith and are going to work hard with him this week.  The
Portuguese is coming - at times it is frustrating when the Brazilians
look at you and you just know they are thinking how dumb you sound but
I will get it don't you worry! Dad, I want to know more about how you
were with Korean.  I never asked you but I can imagine how difficult
it was for you - Portuguese is hard enough! I am happy, healthy and
really grateful to be here in Brazil.  One thing that has really
struck me is the example of members here in Brazil.  The branch only
has 70 active members but those that are active are really strong.  It
is really cool to see the same gospel being applied in this different
country.

One of the things that I have learned and been studying lately is the
grace of God.  I can't tell you how many times I have said a silent
prayer of gratitude or pled for help to continue walking or studying
or being happy and literally I received divine help.  Honestly, it
wasn't me - it was the grace of God helping me through the tough
moments.  Prayer is essential if we are to make it through this life
without bitterness and sin.  We all need direction in our lives and I
am so grateful for the chance I have to strengthen my relationship
with my Father in heaven.  I hope that you all will remember Heavenly
Father throughout your days because I know that He loves His Children
and everything He has given us is for our own good.

I think a tender mercy of the Lord is the pao de quejio here in
Brazil.  It is wonderful.

I am so grateful to be changing, growing and learning so much here in
Brazil.  I know that this Church is true and that Joseph Smith was a
Prophet of God.  I am so grateful for my knowledge and testimony of
the Gospel.  And I am so grateful for all of you - I love you!

Elder Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment